Mount Alvernia’s academic, operational, and support staff plays a key role in the success of our college, and we are passionate about attracting and retaining talented and motivated individuals. As a Catholic girls’ college which strives for excellence in all aspects of the education of young women, the life of our community is based on the tradition of St Francis and St Clare, and employees are expected to support Catholic and Franciscan values.
We provide staff with the opportunity to further skills through a variety of professional development courses and networking opportunities. This ensures our staff is aware of the latest technologies and techniques that will benefit our students and the College as a whole.
Positions Available 2018
We are seeking educators who are passionate about learning and have a contemporary vision for education through working collaboratively in the pursuit of the best educational outcomes for the young women under their care.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified professionals for the following full-time fixed-term contracts and permanent positions commencing 16 January 2018:
- Learning Area Advisor: English & Languages (Tier 3) [Permanent full-time continuing]
- Years 7–10 English, History, Religious Education, and Study of Religion Teachers [Permanent full-time continuing]
- Years 7–12 Maths/Science Teachers (ability to teach Physics & Maths C advantageous) [Permanent full-time continuing and 12-month fixed-term contract]
- Health and Physical Education Teacher [12-month fixed-term contract]
- Exceptional Learners Teacher (within any of the above subject combinations) [12-month fixed-term contract]
Applicants should address the following criteria in their applications:
- Demonstrated commitment to support the ethos, mission, and values of a Catholic school in the Franciscan tradition.
- Current teacher registration, qualifications, and ability to teach in your nominated subject area(s).
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of innovative pedagogical approaches in the classroom that fosters student engagement.
- Excellent intrapersonal skills with students, staff, and parents and a demonstrated ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Commitment to the co-curricular life of the College.
In addition, applications for the Learning Area Advisor position should also address their experience in leadership of teams and innovative approaches to improve student outcomes.
These positions involve working with children. The appointment of a successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory screening for child-related employment in accordance with the law.
All applicants should read and familiarise themselves with the College’s Staff Recruitment Policy and Child Protection Processes and Guidelines which can be accessed on the College website www.mta.qld.edu.au
All applicants should submit a letter of introduction responding to the selection criteria, and their CV, including the names and contact details of three referees (two professional and one personal). Applications should be addressed to:
The Principal, Mount Alvernia College, 82 Cremorne Road, Kedron, Qld, 4031, and emailed to email@example.com.
Applications close 9:00am Tuesday 3 October.
Staff Recruitment Policy
Learning Area Advisor - Languages
Exceptional Learners Teacher
For any position enquiries please contact:
The Executive Assistant to the Principal
Mount Alvernia College
Phone: (07) 3357 6000