Mount Alvernia’s academic, operational, and support staff plays a key role in the success of our college, and we are passionate about attracting and retaining talented and motivated individuals. As a Catholic girls’ college which strives for excellence in all aspects of the education of young women, the life of our community is based on the tradition of St Francis and St Clare, and employees are expected to support Catholic and Franciscan values.
Mount Alvernia is a Catholic girls’ college which strives for excellence in all aspects of the education of young women. Our College is based on the tradition of St Francis and St Clare and employees are expected to support Catholic and Franciscan values.
We provide staff with the opportunity to further skills through a variety of professional development courses and networking opportunities. This ensures our staff is aware of the latest technologies and techniques that will benefit our students and the College as a whole.
Middle Leadership Position: Learning Area Advisor – Business & Technology (Curriculum Leader: Tier 3)
We are seeking a Curriculum Leader with expertise and enthusiasm to lead the Business and Technology Learning Area. This leader will be passionate about learning and have a contemporary vision for education through working collaboratively in the pursuit of the best educational outcomes for the young women under their care.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified professionals for the following full-time permanent continuing position, commencing January 2020 (or by negotiation):
The ability to teach Accounting is preferred.
Applicants should address the following criteria in their applications:
1. Clear vision of and support for the College’s mission and its underlying values and ethos.
2. Leadership capacity – a broad vision that extends beyond subject boundaries, initiative, perseverance, acceptance of responsibility, effective organisational skill, ability to communicate appropriately, and ability to foster cooperation and collegiality.
3. Ability to analyse college curriculum data to determine areas of success and areas for improvement, and to develop plans to address these.
4. Success as a classroom teacher.
5. An appropriate level of professional qualification, both formal and informal, and/or relevant experience.
6. Professional activity through membership of professional associations and ongoing professional development.
Applicants should submit a letter of introduction responding to the selection criteria (no longer than two pages), and their CV (no longer than four pages), including the names and contact details of three referees.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Principal, Mount Alvernia College, 82 Cremorne Road, Kedron, Qld, 4031
and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position close 9:00am Wednesday 22 January 2020.
(Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted for interview).