The Mount Alvernia College scholarship program supports education opportunities for students commencing in Years 7 and 10. The program recognises general excellence or high potential in academic disciplines. Students wishing to apply for a scholarship opportunity with the College are to register their application for the ACER Scholarship Test, which takes place each year in February.
When a student becomes a member of the Mount Alvernia College community they join a group of inspired and hope-filled young people with a desire for learning and life – equipped to transform the world. Our curriculum, whilst challenging, offers students a vast range of academic and vocational pathways – it’s not a ‘one size fits all’ approach. We look forward to welcoming students who are committed to the pursuit of excellence and commend applicants on their interest in becoming a part of a thriving learning community chosen by over 950 students for their education journey.
General Scholarship Criteria
When applying for a scholarship with the College, students should demonstrate:
- A commitment and dedication to achieve in their academic studies
- Support for the College’s ethos, mission, and vision
- Support for all aspects of the Student Behaviour Code
- Capacity to be a role model for all students by encouraging the pursuit of excellence
- Please visit the ACER Scholarship Test website and submit a scholarship application. Families will need to create an account before applying for a scholarship. The College will contact prospective candidates once an application has been submitted to provide further details regarding the onsite testing in February.
- Applications will close on 6 February for the test on Saturday 25 February.
- The ACER Scholarship Registration fee is $140
Scholarships (Level 1) will be offered for students commencing Year 7 and (Level 2) for students entering Year 10.
Level 1: Designed for students to sit the test during their final year of primary school for entry into their first year of secondary school in the following year. Scholarships offered for this level are offered on a 50-100% basis for Tuition fees only for Years 7, 8, and 9.
Level 2: Designed for students in Year 9 for entry into Year 10. Scholarships offered for this level are offered on a 50-100% basis for Tuition fees only for Years 10, 11, and 12.
Scholarship Application Enquiries
Application questions can be referred to our Enrolments Registrar, Mrs Camilla Horn – Ph: (07) 3357 6000; firstname.lastname@example.org
All Academic Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the College Principal.