Mount Alvernia’s academic, operational, and support staff play a key role in the success of our college, and we are passionate about attracting and retaining talented and motivated individuals. As a Catholic girls’ college which strives for excellence in all aspects of the education of young women, the life of our community is based on the tradition of St Francis and St Clare, and employees are expected to support Catholic and Franciscan values.
As a school of first-choice, Mount Alvernia College invites expressions of interest from suitably qualified professionals who are keen to lead in an environment that is aspiring, audacious and authentic.
Expressions of Interest should be addressed to the College Principal and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide staff with the opportunity to further skills through a variety of professional development courses and networking opportunities. This ensures our staff are aware of the latest technologies and techniques that will benefit our students and the College as a whole.
As an employer of choice we offer the following workplace benefits to our staff:
Full onboarding and orientation process.
- Superannuation up to 12.75% with co-contribution.
- 14 weeks paid parental leave.
- 10 days paid spousal leave.
- Salary packaging options.
- Transfer of novated car lease can be arranged.
- Portability of Personal Leave between Queensland Catholic Education Employing Authorities provided continuous service.
- Portability of Long Service Leave between Queensland Catholic Education Employing Authorities provided continuous service.
- Portability of HAT and LT accreditation.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that provides a range of personal and family benefits including free counselling.
- Annual Flu Vaccination Program for Staff.
- Provision of College Laptop.
- Teacher professional growth programs and opportunities.
- Comprehensive Early Career Teacher and Middle Leadership mentoring and professional learning programs.
- Support for external professional development opportunities.
- Late class start one morning per week to support staff meeting and professional learning time.
- Faith Formation in the Franciscan Charism.
- Opportunities to participate in community and outreach experiences
- Generous support provided for staff seeking HAT status
- Staff awards and acknowledgement
- Staff Social Club Events and Activities throughout the year.
- Staff wellbeing initiatives and use of the college facilities, including pools and gym.
- Travel opportunities through our Student Tours, Immersions and Pilgrimages.
- Barista made Coffee onsite at La Cucina (our College Café)
- Being part of a collegial learning community that actively promotes ethical leadership and sustainability as part of its core mission in the Franciscan tradition.
Commencing Term 2, 2023:
- Guidance Counsellor/Social Worker/Psychologist – Full Time Position
We are seeking committed and enthusiastic Sport Coaches, working under the direction of the Head of Sport and the Sports Coordinator.
The successful applicants will have a passion for health and physical activity and the ability to establish and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with students, colleagues, and the wider school community.
These are casual contract positions for approximately 4 to 7 hours per week. The allocation of hours will be determined by the Head of Sport in consultation with the successful applicant, however, please note morning/afternoon and weekend work will be a requirement of this position.
Positions are available for coaching AFL, Volleyball, Touch football, Hockey, Netball, Tennis, Basketball, Rugby 7s, Athletics, Futsal and Soccer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Applicants must include the following:
- A cover letter clearly identifying all teaching qualifications, specific teaching subjects and addressing the selection criteria (max. 2 pages)
- A CV, including qualifications, experience and the names and contact details of three professional referees.
Applications should be addressed to the College Principal and emailed to: email@example.com (please do not apply via seek)
Our Strategic Plan 2022-2025
Guidance Counsellor/Social Worker/Psychologist Position Description
Teaching Position Description
Employment Collection Notice
Induction Training Procedures
Recruitment & Selection Procedures
Screening & Suitability Assessment Procedures
Student Protection Recruitment Practices
For any other position enquiries, please contact: Our Human Resources Officer, Morgan Clauss Phone: (07) 3357 6000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org